Uttarakhand RTO – The RTO Uttarakhand was constituted in the year 1995 under the provisions of section 133A of the Motor Vehicles Act 1939 which was headed by the transport commissioner of UP as Uttarakhand was a part of UP back in the year 2000.
The other major component of this department is State Road Transport Corporation (SRTC) & is as well popular as the Transport Department of Uttarakhand. It started functioning on 31st October 2003 and gives services both for nationalized routes also as inter-state routes.
Uttarakhand RTO Code List 2024
- 1 Uttarakhand RTO Code List 2024
- 2 Functions of Uttarakhand Regional Transport Department
- 3 RTO Codes of Uttarakhand RTO
- 4 Registration of Vehicle in Uttarakhand RTO
- 5 Contact Details of Uttarakhand RTO
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
The RTO in Uttarakhand looks after the discipline & maintenance of state vehicles, tax grants, licensing & road safety of drivers. Before separation from the state of UP, the Transport Commissioner of UP looked after the department.
Uttarakhand Transport Corporation (RTO Uttarakhand) came into existence in the year 2003 and is in charge of interstate services. The corporation has 1000 buses plying on 35 nationalized routes & about 3000 buses running under private transport operators. Since Uttarakhand is a hilly area, it has certain specifications for its bus design.
Uttarakhand RTO is in control of regulating & monitoring the transportation system in the state of Uttarakhand. The RTO issues driving licenses, vehicle registrations, fitness certificates & other permits related to transportation. In this writing, we’ll talk about the various services shared by the Uttarakhand RTO, the process for getting a driving license & vehicle registration & the rules and regulations that must followed by vehicle owners in Uttarakhand.
Uttarakhand RTO Code List 2024 Overview
|Article Caption||Uttarakhand RTO Code List|
|Department||Transport Department of Uttarakhand|
Functions of Uttarakhand Regional Transport Department
Uttarakhand RTO office is assigned different functions about the motor vehicles like transfer of the registration certificate. Besides this, there’re many duties that this organization has assigned. They are:
Read Also – Pondicherry RTO Code
- Uttarakhand RTO ensure that all the new vehicles get registered under section 213 of the motor vehicle act.
- The existing registration certificates are as well revoked by the Uttarakhand RTO.
- If the demise of a person happens, the RTO manages the transfer of registration certificates.
- The Uttarakhand RTO is as well in control of issuing the conductor licence.
- New learners, also as permanent driver’s license, is as well issued by Uttarakhand RTO.
- Uttarakhand RTO is in charge of releasing the Uttarakhand vehicle registration details.
- RC for the non-transport vehicles is as well issued by the Uttarakhand RTO office.
- RC for the transport vehicle is as well issued by the Uttarakhand RTO.
- If the owner of any vehicle needs a NOC, it’s the duty of the Uttarakhand RTO to issue it.
- If any person wants a fancy number plate on his/her car, then it’s the Uttarakhand RTO that issues it.
- The RTO office of Uttarakhand is the one who issues the fitness certificate to the vehicles.
- Uttarakhand RTO as well has the right to grant & object vehicles online.
Related – SBI E Mudra Loan Apply Online
RTO Codes of Uttarakhand RTO
|RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE||RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE|
|Udham Singh Nagar||UK-06||Vikasnagar||UK-16|
Registration of Vehicle in Uttarakhand RTO
To proceed with the registration of vehicles with Uttarakhand RTO, you must cognizant of the forms & documents required. It can helpful to keep this set of documents handy so that you can complete your application process quickly. Here is a list of documents to be submitted to complete your application process –
- Copy of PAN card
- Form no. 20 / Application for vehicle registration
- Form no. 21 / Sales certification provided by the dealer
- Form no. 22 / Pollution certification provided by the dealer
- Form no. 34 that is required in case of loan hypothecation
- Form no. 60 that is needed in case there is no PAN card
- Temporary registration certificate
- Address proof and its copy
- Date of birth proof
- Invoice that the dealer issues
- Copy of insurance document
- Chassis and engine pencil print
- National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) or Mobility Models (MOB) report from the police headquarters if the vehicle is registering after 3 months of availing temporary RC
- Authority letter
- Undertaking for delayed registration if RC is appling late or it takes more than 1 month to apply
Related – Mizoram RTO Code
Contact Details of Uttarakhand RTO
Also Check –
Frequently Asked Questions
How many RTO codes are there in Uttarakhand?
Uttarakhand has more than 42 RTOs that carry out all transport-related activities in the state. Below is an RTO Uttarakhand list along with their respective RTO codes.
Which city is UK 18?
Where is uk 14?
The Regional Transport Office of Rishikesh city operates under RTO Uttarakhand and uses the RTO codes UK14.
What is UK 05?
Driving a car or riding a two-wheeler without a valid RC is against the law and a punishable offence. So if you live in Pithoragarh city, registering your vehicle at Pithoragarh RTO is mandatory under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.