Rashtriya Poshan Maah: On March 8, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi started the Prime Minister’s great Scheme for Holistic Nutrition (POSHAN) Abhiyaan which is also popular as National Nutrition Mission. The government’s programme of the flagship is to change nutritional outcomes for kids under 6 years of age, pregnant ladies and suckling mothers. The purpose of POSHAN Abhiyaan, celebrated yearly in the month of September, is to address the challenge of famine in a mission mode. This year, India is enjoying the 6th Rashtriya POSHAN Maah. Each year the government sets a theme to focus efforts towards the common aim of nice nutrition for lady and children. This year, the aim is to trigger Poshan Maah with the help of the Gram Panchayats as Poshan Panchayats with a main concentrate on “Mahila aur Swasthya” (Woman and Health) and “Bacha aur Shiksha” (Child and Education).
Rashtriya Poshan Maah
To take the message of nice nutrition and its pivotal act to every nook and cranny, many events will be undertaken throughout the month of September of this year. According to the official press announce by the Ministry of Women and Child Development, intensive awareness and education activities will involve sensitisation drives, identification drives, camps, outreach programmes, and fairs with a special concentrate on pregnant and lactating women, children below 06 years and adolescent girls, in sequence to realise the vision of ‘Swasth Bharat’ (healthy India).
The statement given by the press release as follows:
“At the Panchayat level, awareness activities will be conducted by local functionaries under the guidance of the concerned District Panchayati Raj Officers and CDPOs. Poshan Panchayat Committees will work closely with field-level workers (FLWs) – Anganwadi Workers, ASHAs, Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANMs) – to support problem solving and allowing service delivery with the help of the Anganwadi Centres (AWCs), Village Health and Nutrition Day (VHNDs), and other relevant platforms to ensure all pregnant and lactating women, children below six years, and adolescent girls receive basic Integrated Child Development services”.
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana Overview
|Name of the Maah
|Rashtriya Poshan Maah
|Rashtriya Poshan Maah, Woman And Health And Child And Education
|Scheme Provided By
|Government of India
Also Check Kisan Credit Card Yojana
6th Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2023
The Ministry of Women and Child Development has decided certain events to instil nutritious food in everyone’s own capacity of taking food and increase the health-seeking behavior. Some of the events are as follows:
- Concentrating generally on the importance of rainwater conservation among ladies at Anganwadi centers and on traditional foods in tribal fields for healthy mother and child.
- Identifying land for Nutri-Gardens or Poshan Vatikas at or near Centres of the Anganwadi.
- Arranging ‘Amma ki Rasoi’ or Grandmother’s Kitchen of traditional nutritious recipes at a level of the state. Creating extensive efforts to connect traditional eating items with local festivals at the time of the month
- Making a national level toy-making workshop to promote the utilize of indigenous and local toys for learning in Centres of the Anganwadi.
Press Next Statement is as follows:
“In the fifth Rashtriya Poshan Maah, the aim is to convert Jan Andolan (people’s movement) into Jan Bhagidari (people’s partnership) to fulfill the Hon’ble PM’s vision of a Suposhit Bharat (well-nourished India).”
Also Check PM Awas Yojana
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
The nutrition campaign has been launched by the Prime Minister of our own nation, PM Narendra Modi, on the occasion of International Ladies’s Day on 8 March 2018. The main achievement of this campaign is to make a well-nourished India by rejecting the nutritional problems in pregnant lady, lactating mothers and kids and adolescent girls below 6 years of age. Because the main problem of malnutrition is exceeding day by day in our nation.
This campaign is made through women working in Anganwadi centers all over the India. For which they are provided an additional ₹500. Nutrition Month program is conducted under the Prime Minister’s Nutrition Campaign. In this program pregnant and lactating mothers, children and adolescent girls below six years of age are created aware about nutrition and nutritious food is offered to them.
Also Check PM SHRI Yojana
Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2023 at Many Level
- State Level: Under the State – level events, ‘Amma ki Rasoi’ or Grandmother’s Kitchen of traditional nutritious recipes will be conducted. created State/UT women and child development authorities. With the help of its functionaries, will carry out many thematic events and spread the message of the importance of holistic nutrition with the help of the month to confirm a healthier future for women and children.
- National Level: A national level toy-maker workshop will be conducted to promote use of local toys and indigenous toys for learning in Anganwadi Centres.
- Poshan Panchayat Committees will function too closely with field level workers (FLWs) – ANMs, AWWs, ASHAs.
- This is to support problem solving and enabling service delivery through Anganwadi Centres (AWCs), Village Health and Nutrition Day (VHNDs), and other respective platforms.
- The objective is to confirm all pregnant and lactating women, children below 06 years, and adolescent girls get basic Integrated Child Development facilities.
- Panchayat level: awareness events will be organized by local functionaries under the instructions of the concerned District Panchayati Raj CDPOs, and Officers.
Also Check PM Kisan Status
Ministry of Women and Child Development is going to celebrate the 6th Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2023 in September. This authority conducts this programme from 1st to 30th September 2023. This year, with the important focus on “Mahila aur Swasthya” and “Bacha aur Shiksha”, Poshan Maah is to be initiated as Poshan Panchayat with the help of the Gram Panchayats.
Also Check PM Kisan eKYC Update
POSHAN Abhiyaan divert the attention of nation towards the problem of malnutrition and address it in a mission-mode. This mission concentrates on the objectives of POSHAN Abhiyaan, Mission Poshan 2.0. it seeks to powered nutritional content, outreach, delivery, and outcomes in sequence to change practices that nurture health, immunity, and wellness on disease as well as malnutrition.
POSHAN Abhiyaan is such as a Jan Andolan or People’s Movement. It absrbs inclusive participation of public reperformers of local bodies, government authority from States or UTs, Public & Private sector and social departments.