How To Verify If your Pan Card Is Fake Or Real – A PAN card is one of the compulsory documents needed to make a bank account, invest in mutual funds and as well help in other fiscal activities. But in this digital era, there’re as well some frauds who can cheat you with fake pan cards.
How To Verify If your Pan Card Is Fake Or Real
- 1 How To Verify If your Pan Card Is Fake Or Real
- 2 What is Online PAN Verification?
- 3 What are the ways to verify your PAN Card?
- 4 What are the details which will be displayed when the PAN card is verified?
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
It’s important to keep in mind that each person should only have one PAN card. As per tax rules, it is banned to get or hold over 1 PAN card & doing so can result in a punishment of up to Rs 10,000. It as well applies to people who have fake PANs. All PAN cards made after July 2018 include a QR Code. The QR code made on the PAN card can utilize to identify between real & false PAN cards. The Income Tax Department app & a smartphone are all that is needed.
How To Verify If your Pan Card Is Fake Or Real Details
|How To Verify If your Pan Card Is Fake Or Real
Read More – FMS BSNL Registration
Take a look at these steps that will help you check whether your pan card is real or fake:-
- To find out about the authenticity of your PAN card, you require to 1st go to the income tax department’s e-filling portal.
- For this, you should 1st go to the official web page of the Income Tax Department at www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal.
- After that, choose the “verify your PAN” link.
- A fresh page will then open in your browser window.
- You’ll require to fill out your complete PAN information at this point.
- Fill your PAN card number, name, birthdate & mobile number here.
- The site will give a message if the detail you entered matches the detail on your PAN card or not once you enter the right detail.
- After that, you’ll easily know whether your PAN card is real or fake.
What is Online PAN Verification?
PAN verification permits people to check the authenticity of their PAN. PAN card verification can done simply online in the comfort of your home & require not physically visit the income tax office for this. The government & non-government sites verify the identity, documents submitted & address of the PAN candidates.
Read Also – Kanya Sumangala Yojana
Furthermore, your PAN card verification can done by someone else too well o on your behalf if they’ve all the relevant information shared by you.
What are the ways to verify your PAN Card?
The e-Governance service gives online verification of PAN cards. There’re 3 methods through which PAN card verification can done –
- File & Screen based
- Screen Based
- Software Based
1.File & Screen based Verification
This kind of verification is majorly done by organizations or the government who want to verify up to 1,000 PAN Cards at one time.
- Under this the applicants has to 1st login into the account.
- Here he/she can upload a file containing a maximum of 1000 PAN cards (file structure is sharing by Protean)
- Once the file is uploaded, tap submit.
- Now within 24 hours, you’ll get the details of the PAN card on the screen.
2.The file structure uploaded should done correctly according to introduced format otherwise the web page will reject the request.
Read Also – Bihar RTPS Service Plus
3. Screen-Based Verification
4. Software (API) -Based Verification
- PAN can verified online by a verification site through a software application.
What are the details which will be displayed when the PAN card is verified?
|PAN card verification
|Details displayed in PAN Verification
|Status of PAN, PAN holder name, PAN update last date, Name printed on PAN card, Status of Aadhaar Seeding
|Valid PAN with events such as a merger, acquisition, etc.
|Name printed on PAN card, Status of PAN along with event
PAN holder name, PAN update last date
|Deleted or Deactivated
|‘Deleted’ or ‘Marked as Deactivated’ will be displayed
|The status will display as ‘Marked as Fake’.
|PAN card not found in database
|A message, ‘Not present in the ITD (income tax department) database’ will display
Also Check –
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I know PAN is original or fake?
The Income Tax Department will check its records to confirm whether the PAN number you have provided is valid or not. If the PAN number is valid, you will see a message on the screen confirming the authenticity of your PAN card.
How can I check my PAN card verification?
Step 1: Go to e-Filing portal homepage. Step 2: Click Verify Your PAN on the e-Filing homepage. Step 3: On the Verify Your PAN page, enter your PAN, Full Name, Date of Birth and Mobile Number (accessible to you) and click Continue.
Can PAN card be checked online?
To check your PAN Card details online in India, you need to visit the official website of the Income Tax Department, opt for the 'Verify PAN Details' option and fill in and submit the necessary details. Q. Can I track PAN card details by Aadhaar number? Yes, you can track PAN card details by Aadhaar number as well.
What is the real PAN number?
PAN is a ten-digit unique alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department. PAN is issued in the form of a laminated plastic card (commonly known as PAN card). Last character, i.e., the tenth character is an alphabetic check digit.