Orissa RTO – Similar to all the states of the nation, RTO Odisha as well works & operates based on the Motor Vehicles Act. It caters to peoples with services like motor vehicle registration, learner license application, driver’s license application, road tax collection, transfer of vehicle ownership & more. On a broader spectrum, the RTOs of Odisha as well functions to give services by keeping rules & following the set regulations of the law in association with motor vehicles in the state.
Orissa RTO Code List 2024
- 1 Orissa RTO Code List 2024
- 2 Services Offered at RTO Odisha
- 3 RTO Codes of Odisha
- 4 How to Register a Motor Vehicle in Odisha RTO?
- 5 Documents Required for Vehicle Registration in Odisha
- 6 Driving Licence Apply in Odisha
- 7 How to Know the Status of Your License Application in RTO Odisha?
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
A RTO, or a Regional Transport Office, implements rules & regulations stated in the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. Each state & union territory in India has at least one RTO to develop & manage transport facilities. There’re 35+ RTOs in Odisha, giving the state safe, efficient & economical transport services.
Odisha RTOs take care of the easy on-road movement of passengers & goods. So, as a resident of Odisha, it is imperative that you know the details of Odisha’s RTO codes & office addresses.
Orissa RTO Code List 2024 Overview
|Article For||Orissa RTO Code List|
Related – Pondicherry RTO Code List
Services Offered at RTO Odisha
- Issuance of Driving Licenses: It is responsible for issuing licenses to all vehicle owners. They’re in charge of conducting driving tests, releasing duplicate licenses & renewing licenses in addition to issuing licenses.
- Road Safety: The RTO Odisha plays a necessary role in this field too, informing everyone about the numerous road safety precautions that must implemented.
- Vehicle Registration: Maintaining & administering the driver & vehicle databases is one of the most critical responsibilities of each RTO office. It is performed as part of the vehicle registration process. You require to 1st register the vehicle with the appropriate Odisha RTO office before you can get a license plate.
- Environmental Concerns: As per the 1988 Motor Vehicles Act, the Odisha RTO is as well in control of environmental issues.
- Road levy Collection: It is the RTO’s responsibility to get it. When you register a vehicle for the 1st time, the Road Tax is normally paid.
RTO Codes of Odisha
|State Transport Authority||OD-99|
Also Catch – Mizoram RTO Code List
How to Register a Motor Vehicle in Odisha RTO?
As per the Motor Car Act & Rules, 1988, you must register your car within seven days of getting it, excluding the time spent travelling.
- Submit Form 20 to the RTO to apply for permanent registration.
- You require to apply before the temporary registration expires if the car is temporarily registered.
- Confirm whether hypothecation is involved in the registration.
- Confirm if you want a special number, a preferred number, or a random number.
- Confirm the smart card usage required.
- Pay the essential fee as stipulated in Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989, Rule 81. This depends on whether you select a general, fancy, or unique registration number.
- Pay tax as per the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989. This as well depends on whether you choose a general, fancy, or personalized registration number.
Documents Required for Vehicle Registration in Odisha
- Form 20 of the RTO Application System.
- The automobile dealer issues a Sale Certificate (Form No. 21) to document the transaction.
- Consider the evidence.
- Custom bills must submitted in the case of imported autos.
- The automotive manufacturer issues a Roadworthiness Certificate (Form No. 22).
- If the vehicle is manufactured, use Application Form No. 22-A.
- Vehicle registration is only valid for a limited time.
- The original invoice for the vehicle.
- Certificate of insurance for a motorbike or car.
- If the vehicle was bought in another state, the road tax receipt must be presented.
Read More – Meghalaya RTO
Driving Licence Apply in Odisha
There’re 2 main process in order to apply for the license & it has mentioned beneath –
a) Online Driving Licence Apply Odisha
- Go to the e Vahan Odisha (https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/).
- Locate & choose Online Services from the home screen.
- Choose Driving License-associated Services from the drop-down menu.
- Select Odisha.
- Choose Apply for a Learner’s Licence (LL).
- Select a date for the learner’s permit test.
- To get the paperwork, go to the RTO and pass the LL test.
- Once got, you must wait 30 days before applying for a driver’s license.
- Return to the Parivahan website & apply for a permanent driver’s license.
- Fill up your application & attach all relevant documentation.
- Select a driving test date & pay the required fees.
- Go to the local RTO to complete the driving test.
b) Offline Driving Licence Apply Odisha
- To get the application form, you must go to the RTO. You could as well receive the application from the Parivahan Seva website(https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/).
- Submit the filled form together with the relevant papers.
- Choose the slot for the learning license test.
- Attend the exam & submit your application.
- You’ll be given your LL once you have passed the test.
- Choose your DL driving test date from the list.
- Submit the form with the appropriate fees.
- For your driving test, go to the local RTO.
How to Know the Status of Your License Application in RTO Odisha?
Following the completion of the processes & steps for the driving license application, it is as well required to monitor the application status.
- Visit the Vahan Odisha website(https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/).
- Select Odisha.
- Application Status can accessed by tapping on it.
- Enter the blanks with your application number & birth date.
- Fill out the captcha.
- Submit the information to check the status of your DL application.
Also Check –
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the RTO code for Odisha 24?
Nabarangpur OD-24 functions under Transport Commissioner & has been formulated under section 213(1) of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. You can find below the details like phone number, address, RTO Code and office timing of Nabarangpur OD-24.
How many RTO codes are there in Odisha?
There are 35+ RTOs in Odisha, providing the state safe, efficient, and economical transport services. Odisha RTOs take care of the easy on-road movement of passengers and goods. Hence, as a resident of Odisha, it is imperative that you know the details of Odisha's RTO codes and office addresses.
What is the RTO code 25 in Odisha?
Driving a car or riding a two-wheeler without a valid RC is against the law and a punishable offence. So if you live in Nayagarh city, registering your vehicle at Nayagarh RTO is mandatory under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.