WBWest Bengal Marriage Registration 2023- As we all know, different portals have been started by the government across the country. One of which the state government of West Bengal has started a marriage registration portal. Through this, a married couple can register their marriage through the official website and get a marriage certificate. Married couples belonging to any religion can register for their marriage. This portal helps to save time and enhance the digitalization and modernization of accessing marriage certificates. If you also want to register your marriage, then you have to visit the official website. For more information related to this article, you need to read it thoroughly.
West Bengal Marriage Registration
- 1 West Bengal Marriage Registration
- 2 Purpose of WB Marriage Registration
- 3 FAQs
- 3.1 What are the required documents to apply for West Bengal Marriage registration?
- 3.2 What are the advantages of the WB Marriage registration portal?
- 3.3 Mention the official website of West Bengal marriage registration?
- 3.4 who is eligible to apply for West Bengal Marriage registration?
- 3.5 From where can I access the information related to WB Marriage registration?
This portal has been started by the government of West Bengal for married citizens there. Through this, the married couple can get their marriage registered. If both husband and wife belong to the same community, then they can register their marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 and if either of the husband and wife belongs to a different community, then they can register their marriage under the Special Marriage Act 1954. Indian Kristen Marriage Act 1872 and Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act 1936. A married couple can also get a couple of certificates which will act like marriage proof, it is received by the applicant after registration. To apply on this portal, citizens will have to apply on the official website with all the necessary documents. Registration can be done both online and offline mode.
With the help of this digital facility, citizens are able to save time. In this article, we will share with you all the information related to this Portal like highlights, benefits, purpose, eligibility, required documents, process to apply for the West Bengal Marriage Registration, and many more details given in the below-mentioned article.
Highlights of West Bengal Marriage Registration
|Name of the Scheme||West Bengal Marriage Registration|
|Launched by||The state government of West Bengal|
|Objective||Registration of Marriage|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of state|
|Application Process||Online /Offline|
Also Check West Bengal Voter List
Purpose of WB Marriage Registration
The main objective of the West Bengal Marriage Registration is to provide a marriage registration certificate to every married citizen because a marriage certificate is used in various documents like immigration, visa, pen name change, etc. Citizens do not need to go to any government office to register their marriage. They can apply by visiting the official website of West Bengal Marriage Registration. This application can be done through both online and offline modes. This will save both money and time citizens.
Also Check West Bengal State Lottery Result
Benefits and Features of WB Marriage Registration
- A married couple can get the marriage registered under the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 and the Special Marriage Act 1954.
- Under the Hindu Marriage Act 1955, the same married couple can register who both belong to the Hindu religion, such as both are Hindu or Buddhist.
- Under the Special Marriage Act 1954, only those couples can register in which one has a different religion.
- Indian Kristen marriage act 1872 and Parsi marriage and Divorce act 1936.
- After registration, a married couple can get Couple Marriage Certification which acts as marriage proof.
- You can apply for marriage registration both online and offline.
- A marriage certificate is also helpful in other necessary documents.
- You do not need to go to any government office to register a marriage, you can also apply through the official website.
- This will save both time and money and bring transparency in the system.
Also Check West Bengal Utsashree Portal
Eligibility for the WB Marriage Registration
- The bride’s age should be at least 18 years.
- The age of the groom should be at least 21 years.
- The consent of marriage should be done in a free and voluntary manner by both the bride and the groom.
- The marriage takes place under a Hindu marriage by a licensed person in the presence of three witnesses.
- Two witnesses in a special marriage must be licensed persons.
- Neither the bride nor the bridegroom should have a living partner.
- If either the bride or groom was previously married, a certificate has to be produced showing that they are divorced or widowed.
Also Check JEXPO Counselling Schedule
Required Documents to Apply for the West Bengal Marriage Registration
- Proof of marriage
- Both bride and bridegroom residential proof
- Age proof
- Couple wedding photograph
- Wedding invitation card
- Both bride and groom 4 individual passport size photograph
- Certificate from a priest in case of marriage at a religious place
Also Check West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme
Process for the Registration of WB Marriage Registration
- First of all download the given form.
- After that take a printout of the form.
- Fill in the required details in the form like husband and wife family details, additional details of husband and wife, other details, name, and address of the witness.
- Now take all the remaining required documents along with the form.
- After this, you have to submit the form by going to the marriage registrar’s office.
- So in this way you can register offline in West Bengal Marriage Registration.
Also Check West Bengal Duare Sarkar Camp List
- First of all, you have to visit the official website http://rgmwb.gov.in/ of the Registration Department West Bengal.
- Now a homepage will open in front of your display screen.
- After that click on the option of user registration on the homepage.
- Now a new webpage will open in front of you.
- Now you have to fill in the details like user type, username, password, name, email address, etc.
- After that, you have to click on the receive OTP button.
- On the registered number, you will get the OTP which you have to fill in the OTP box.
- Then click on the complete registration option.
- Now click on the button of login username, password, and captcha code.
- Finally, your registration process has been done successfully. In this way, you can apply for West Bengal Marriage registration directly from the official website.
Also Check West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme
What are the required documents to apply for West Bengal Marriage registration?
To apply for WB Marriage registration you need to upload all the necessary documents like an Aadhar Card, Proof of marriage, Marriage photograph, wedding invitation card, Age proof, etc.
What are the advantages of the WB Marriage registration portal?
Through this portal, a married couple can register and download their marriage certificate by sitting at home. it helps to save time and increase the development of digitalization and modernization.
Mention the official website of West Bengal marriage registration?
the official website of WB Marriage Registration is https://rgmwb.gov.in/
who is eligible to apply for West Bengal Marriage registration?
Married couples in West Bengal are eligible to apply for marriage registration.
If you want to access the information related to West Bengal Marriage registration then you need to read the article given above.
West Bengal B.Ed Admission Form
West Bengal Digital Ration Card