Omicron Sub Variant BF.7 Symptoms, Severity, Vaccine, and Treatment: Here you will get the latest information about Omicron subvariant BF7 symptoms, severity, vaccine, treatment, and virus spreading widely in China. You must check the article to get updates. The symptoms of the BF7 Covid variant are mentioned here. Read now and take precautions as needed. China is witnessing yet another Covid-19 wave. The current surge in COVID-19 infections in China is believed to be driven by the Omicron sub-variant BF.7. Four cases of the BF.7 variant have been detected in India so far. Two cases have been reported from Gujarat and two from Odisha. This sub-variant has been detected in several other countries, including Germany, Belgium, France, Denmark, the US, and the UK.
Omicron Sub Variant BF.7
The symptoms of the BF7 Covid variant are said to be more severe than the previous variant Omicron. The symptom that sick people in China report is fever. However, we cannot say that this is the only symptom experienced by the patients. Others are runny nose, throat infection, body ache, etc. The Covid variant BF7 was discovered as another threat to human life. Variant BF7 is spreading rapidly, mainly in Beijing. Cases of the BF7 Covid variant were detected in India in July. The Covid variant has the ability to infect about 10 to 12-17 people through an infected person. BF.7 is a sub-lineage of the Omicron version BA.5. According to PTI, it is a highly transmissible variant with a short incubation period. It also has a high potential to cause reinfection and can even infect vaccinated individuals.
Rising cases in China have also led to drug shortages in some areas. The situation becomes even worse during winter. The WHO has requested Beijing’s government to speed up the vaccination process to suppress the variant. According to a study published in the journal ‘Cell Host and Microbe’, the BF.7 variant has 4.4 times higher neutralization resistance than the original Wuhan virus. This means that the antibodies from the vaccination are not effective enough against the virus. Although more than half of the population is vaccinated, we have to be careful because it is also being found in vaccinated people.
BF 7 Covid Variant in India
Our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will address the meeting this Thursday and look into the matter. Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya has already taken stock of the situation and has also urged people to follow the Covid protocols issued earlier by the government. It is said to wear a mask and avoid crowded places. Traces of the BF7 Covid variant were found in July. The BF7 Covid variant has a shorter incubation period. It also has a reinfection pattern. In India, similar cases first surfaced in Gujarat and later in Odisha. It was detected by the Gujarat Biotechnology Research Center in October.
The outbreak of Corona in China remains a cause of concern for many countries, but there is no serious threat in India. There were restrictions related to Covid in China till a few months ago. Due to poor medical policy, the condition of China is going from bad to worse. Omicron’s bf.7 variant is also making a serious impact there. Although this variant arrived in India several months ago, it did not make any impact here.
How dangerous is the sub-variant Omicron BF.7?
Reports coming in from China are indicating that BF.7 is more dangerous than the rest of the Omicron sub-variants. It has the highest communicability as it spreads rapidly. A person infected with BF.7 can infect many people. The remaining variants of Omicron can infect 4 people on average and the incubation period of the variant is also less. The incubation period is the time between exposure to the virus and the appearance of the first symptoms. Meaning as soon as you come in contact with BF.7, you can catch it immediately.
The BA.1 and BA.2 sub-variants of Omicron were detected in the wave earlier this year. Later on, BA.4 and BA.5 also came. Although both of them caused more devastation in European countries. Similarly, very few cases of BF.7 were observed in India. One case of this variant was reported in India in July, two in September, and one in November, and this variant has been found in Gujarat and Odisha in India. BF.7 is actually an abbreviated form. The full name is BA.188.8.131.52. It is a sub-variant of Omicron’s BA.5 variant. The BA.5 variant of Omicron accounts for the highest number of cases worldwide.
The severity of the BF7 COVID Variant, is it affects worldwide
Reports coming in from China are indicating that BF.7 is more dangerous than the rest of the Omicron sub-variants. It has the highest communicability as it spreads rapidly. A person infected with BF.7 can infect many people. It reportedly has the strongest ability to transmit from person to person. The number is also more than the previous one. According to NHC consultant Wang Guiqiang, “Omicron primarily attacks the upper respiratory tract, and some patients may develop pneumonia, while most will not experience respiratory failure.”
The remaining variants of Omicron can infect 4 people on average and the incubation period of the variant is also less. The incubation period is the time between exposure to the virus and the appearance of the first symptoms. Meaning as soon as you come in contact with BF.7, you can catch it immediately. The severity of the BF7 Covid variant is higher than anything the world has faced before. Those people who are aged and have a history of ailments like heart problems, diabetes, or any respiratory problems, are more likely to get impacted severely than others.
New Covid Sub Variant BF.7 Symptoms
- The new variant presents with symptoms similar to those of an upper respiratory infection including fever, sore throat, runny nose, and cough.
- Some patients may also experience stomach-related problems including diarrhea and vomiting.
- If anyone is feeling such symptoms, then experts advise getting tested immediately.
- This type may not cause any serious complications but it can spread quickly. Therefore, early detection and isolation are extremely important.
Omicron BF.7 Precautions (Must Follow)
- Corona is caused by coming in contact with an infected person, so it is very important to maintain physical distance from people to avoid it.
- According to the CDC of America, to avoid infection, keep a distance of at least 6 feet from people in public places.
- By keeping your distance, you can avoid getting droplets from a person who is coughing or sneezing.
- Wear a mask: Wear a mask while stepping out of the house.
- This will save you from drops of infection. Apart from the coronavirus, the mask also protects against other infections like flu, cold, and cough.
- Throw away the mask after wearing it once. Also, use a good-quality mask.
- Get the booster dose done: If you have not yet got the booster dose of Covid, get it done immediately.
- There is no cure for corona infection, so at this time only the vaccine can save us from its severe symptoms to a great extent.
- Avoid going to crowded places: To avoid corona infection, you also have to avoid going out and spend maximum time indoors.
- Take care of cleanliness You can get infected with corona even by touching an infected surface or person, so wash your hands to avoid infection.
- First, apply soap on your hands and rub them for a few seconds and then wash them with water.
- Use sanitizer: When you go out, use sanitizer, if soap and water are not available, use sanitizer.
|Cemca Homepage||Click Here|